My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://KellysLuckyYou.com
and please update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Movie Review - Shrek Forever After

You wake up to the same old, same old, every day...... You start to wonder where your life is going.... Then you see a picture of the young, wild and free you... You begin to long for those days....

Well, if you're a large green ogre, don't, don't, don't sign anything! Especially if it's presented to you by someone named Rumpelstiltskin. You foolishly agree to trade one day of your life (a day you don't even remember) to regain your youth when you could scare villagers with the best of them. Whoooooosh! It's as if you were never born! Your best friend acts like a donkey and can't remember you. Your wife can't remember your name. And the world is upside down.

There's nothing new in the storyline, think It's A Wonderful Life meets Damn Yankees meets Sleeping Beauty, but the writers and cast of Shrek keep you laughing and entertained. The Dreamworks animation is amazing as with all the Shrek movies. Can we ever get enough of the characters? I can't, I love them all! Also in Shrek tradition, the music is classic and fun. The choreography (yes, it's choreography, even if the dancers are green) is so funny, you will be, not only laughing, but laughing loud and long. (hint: the Pied Piper plays a bounty hunter). The puns are all there and funnier than ever.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shrek Party Pack!

If you're looking for a movie that you and your kids can all enjoy, go! Thumbs up!

6 comments:

  1. See if my kids would have been good this week I would have taken them to see this today. They wouldn't stop fighting in the car so they can't even play games or watch tv this weekend.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! I want to see it; need to borrow a child to take too. It will be funner for Me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is my son's 11th birthday, but we have a graduation to attend, so I took my kids yesterday. We REALLY enjoyed it! The 3D was cool, but I think it could have been better (especially since we had to pay $3.00 extra per person for 3D). The plot was entertaining with a few fun twists. I thought #4 was almost as good as #1 (my favorite of the series). The gags weren't as, um, crude as in the past, which was nice.

    ~Cara~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to stop and say hi.

    My latest inspirational postings are, “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” and “Simple Gesture.”

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom and little brother (21years) went to see it and they loved it! I'm following now! Would love for you to come by and follow too!

    http://meandmineinsmalltown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet again, you and I are one the same wavelength. I just posted my review (I called it Shrek meets A Wonderful Life with a litle bit of Braveheart). In fact, I flew back there to give you a trackback. Here's the link: http://idletmykidseethat.blogspot.com/2010/05/shrek-final-chapter.html

    Have a great week, my friend!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails