My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://KellysLuckyYou.com
and please update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Build a Beautiful Blog Week - How To Monetize Your Blog

Note: This article refers to Stacie's blog, not Kelly's - I haven't done this yet!


There's a few different ways you can make money online through blogging and today I am going to tell you about a couple of different ways that I have monetized my blog (or its extension: my Twitter). There are lots more out there, but these are the programs I have firsthand experience with.


Sponsored Tweets

SponsoredTweets referral badge

I love Sponsored Tweets. Its quick and easy to do and you really do earn money just by tweeting. How it works is you will get an email with an opportunity to write a sponsored tweet for a company. You can either accept or reject the offer. So far all the ones I have received have been good ones- all family friendly. Then you write your tweet, submit it and then after its tweeted out, you will be paid. You have to reach $50 in your account before its paid out. I like that you can set your own price. I have been going with the price that the system recommends for me and I usually get a few offers a week!


MyLikes

MyLikes is similar to Sponsored Tweets except that you can also share it on your blog. You are paid by how many clicks your link gets. They will email you when a new opportunity comes up. You write out the ad and then you can either post to Twitter or your blog. I normally just post to Twitter. If someone clicks on the link, you get the set amount! The nice thing about MyLikes is that it pays out automatically to Paypal when you reach $5. I have already been paid twice and it was a nice surprise to get the email from Paypal!


Google Adsense

You can place these ads on your sidebars or in between blog posts. You get paid when someone clicks an ad. I also notice on mine that it pays for impressions too. You can also monetize your feedburner with Adsense so that your email newsletter will have Google ads in it. I notice that I get more clicks on my blog than my Feedburner and the blog ads pay better than the Feedburner ones. You have to reach $100 before Google will issue you a check. It took me about 8 months before I hit my first $100. Its slow, but it will get there. If you have a Blogger blog, you can easily Monetize your blog with Adsense.


Selling Your Own Ads


You can also make money by selling ad spots on your blog. For me, this has been the best way to monetize. You can set your price and decide what kinds of ads you will accept and where you will place them on your blog. I recommend putting up an Advertising Page on your blog that is easily accessible so that businesses will know that you do offer Advertising. If they can't see that you sell it, they may not ever ask!


To set a price, have a look at other blogs in your niche and see what they are charging per spot. I offer package bundles (ie buy 3 months save $), but you can do it anyway you want. It's your blog so you can control it! If you don't have a Paypal account, I recommend getting one because that's how most businesses will want to pay.


How do you monetize your blog? What is working (or not) for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails