A sample from the portfolio of iDesign:
Jessica, owner of iDesign, has excellent advice for someone who is considering a blog makeover - "Look at other sites and get ideas of what you want." The blogging community is a great place to start when deciding the style and type of blog design that you would like. If you find other blogs with content in the same areas of interest, you may find ideas of how to present your own style. What blogs do you like to read? What makes them attractive or easy-to-read? Jessica's goal is to bring out your personality and communicate it to your readers through your blog.
When we asked Jessica to describe herself and her work, this is what she told us. I am "a mom, wife, blogger, and graphic designer. Years ago I pursued graphic design in college and received a degree in it. I have always only done design as a hobby. After being recently laid off I decided to put my love to work. They say the best job is one that is your hobby. I enjoy seeing graphical creations."
It struck me immediately how different all of the designs are in Jessica's portfolio. She is communicating the personality of her client, not her own. Here's another of her creations:
The lucky winner will receive either of these packages depending on their blogging platform.
Package B - $100 Blogger Redesign; Custom Header; Matching Button with grab code; Matching Signature; Favicon; Background; 4 Sidebar Titles; Custom Fonts; Graphical Navigation Buttons; Customization of theme
Package C - $150 Wordpress Redesign; Custom Header; Matching Background; Matching Button with grab code; Matching Signature; Favicon; Installation of theme of choice; 4 Sidebar Titles; Edits to theme to match header design; Installation and set up of 5 plugins (including those required for the theme)
***** This entry open to Blogger and Wordpress blogs*****
1. Go toiDesign and tell us something you learned about Jessica or her designs. Include in your comment a link to the blog you will be beautifying!
2. Follow Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie with Google Friend Connect
3. Follow Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie on Twitter
4. "Like" Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie on Facebook
5. Blog about this giveaway and link to this post
6. Tweet this giveaway ( 1 x per day)
7. Subscribe by email to Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie
8. Grab Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie buttons
9. Grab the Build A Beautiful Blog Week button
10. Join the Simply Stacie Blog Frog community
11. Sign up for the weekly newsletter in the sidebar of the iDesign blog
Giveaway will be open for one week, ending on June 4, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST. Entries can be made on both blogs and the winners will be selected from entries on both blogs using random.org. Winners will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please leave your email if it is not on your profile so we can contact you if you win. Good luck!
You can enter the giveaways on BOTH sites and get double the chances of winning. We are going to be picking a winner from the combined entries on both blogs at the end of each individual giveaway. So after you enter here, head on over to Simply Stacie and put your entries in there too!