My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://KellysLuckyYou.com
and please update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movie Review - Just Wright

Queen Latifah plays Leslie Wright, a biological-clock-ticking woman, who just hasn't met Mr. Right. Groan, I know, I know, it's a bad pun. Leslie is the girl that every guy likes to have as a friend, watch a basketball game with, hang out. She's not the girl that her cousin/friend Morgan is. Morgan is the hot chick who wants (and is voted most-likely-to) marry an NBA star. At one point in the movie, a friend of Leslie describes Morgan as "The most beautiful woman in the world. Just ask her."

After a chance meeting at the gas station, Leslie starts to fall for NBA star Scott McKnight (played by Common) who of course, falls for Morgan. After he suffers a potentially career-ending injury, Morgan dumps Scott. Talk about kicking a man when he's down. But Leslie is there to pick up the pieces. She also happens to be a physical therapist and not only heals his injury but his heart. Happy ending? Not yet, Morgan returns! Scott falls for her - again. The rest is predictable, but I won't be the one to ruin it for you. You'll just have to go see the movie.

There's even an underdog sports story as the recovering basketball star struggles to make it back in time for his team's championship playoff. Will he sink the winning shot? I won't tell.

There are many not-so-subtle, you might even say heavy-handed, slaps at people who value exterior beauty and perfect bodies over heart. There's a good message and you can't miss it. I would want my daughter to see this movie (if she were older than four, of course).

I loved this movie! Go see it! Queen Latifah is one of my favorites and if we want to see, oh, I'm going to use that word again, "nice" movies, we have to vote with our wallets.

1 comment:

  1. Ok that makes the score of 7 for the movie and 3 that thought it was bad. I am still going to wait till it comes out on redbox so I can watch it for $1.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails