A sample from the portfolio of The Blog Cafe:
Jen, of The Blog Cafe, began as a web designer over 11 years ago. "In 2007, my husband and I decided to adopt our son from Guatemala (we have one bio daughter that is now 16 years old) and I began a blog to share with family all the details of the adoption journey. It began as a website first and then I discovered blogging, and I was hooked. Then I 'decorated' my blog and then friends started asking me if I could do that for theirs. I was having so much fun, my husband and I decided it would be a great fundraiser to pay for the adoption fees and the rest is history!"
Q: Do you have any advice for someone who is starting a new blog?
Blogger is the best for just starting out with a new blog. Blogger is very user-friendly for new users and doesn't overwhelm you. Start simple when you begin, write about you and what you like. Chances are there are a lot of people that are going to love the same things you do. Join some blog communities to help people find you and follow other favorite blogs! Most important, get a blog button with grab me code. People find you super quick on other people's blogs by their blog button, what it says, and how it looks!
More designs from The Blog Cafe portfolio:
There will be NINE lucky winners for this giveaway from The Blog Cafe ! And all prizes are for Blogger or WordPress blogs.
Prize 1. A Custom Header (value $35)
Prize 2. Two winners will receive a Button with grab codes (value $12)
Prize 3. Two winners will receive Social Networking Button Sets (includes 4, value $20)
Prize 4. Two winners will receive Custom Signatures (value $8)
Prize 5. Custom BlogFrog Background
Grand Prize: Build-A-Blog Starter Kit w/2 a la carte addons (value $55)
***** This entry open to Blogger and Wordpress blogs*****
1. Go to The Blog Cafe and tell us something you learned about Jen or her designs. Include in your comment a link to the blog you will be beautifying!
2. Follow Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie with Google Friend Connect
3. Follow Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie on Twitter
4. "Like" Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie on Facebook
5. Blog about this giveaway and link to this post
6. Tweet this giveaway ( 1 x per day)
7. Subscribe by email to Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie
8. Grab Kelly's Lucky You and Simply Stacie buttons
9. Grab the Build A Beautiful Blog Week button
10. Join the Simply Stacie Blog Frog community
11. Leave a comment at The Blog Cafe and then come back here and tell us the post title
Giveaway will be open for one week, ending on May 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST. Entries can be made on both blogs and the winners will be selected from entries on both blogs using random.org. Winners will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please leave your email if it is not on your profile so we can contact you if you win. Good luck!
You can enter the giveaways on BOTH sites and get double the chances of winning. We are going to be picking a winner from the combined entries on both blogs at the end of each individual giveaway. So after you enter here, head on over to Simply Stacie and put your entries in there too!