My blog has moved, come check out the new site!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://KellysLuckyYou.com
and please update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 26, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon


A quick review in case you are considering seeing this move, tonight...

Pack up and family and go! I think you’ll love it!

I went to see “How To Train Your Dragon” this afternoon, in Imax 3D. Wow. Dreamworks Animation created this fun, exciting movie about a young boy named Hiccup and the dragon he befriends and names, “Toothless”. The scenes of flight and battles were amazing, but more amazing for me were the messages of the movie. Rather subtle, but unmistakable, they explored the father/son relationship very thoughtfully. Hiccup doesn’t fit in with the Vikings of his world - as one of the characters points out, “he’s not one of us”. Even Hiccup begins to doubt himself. Then, enter a Night Fury Dragon. Not only is Hiccup the first Viking to see this astonishing creature, he is the first to bring one down. But no one saw it! Hiccup takes off looking to find the fallen dragon and off the story goes! There is a surprise at the end that just sealed my impression that this was a good film. No spoilers from me - go see it!

This is clearly one of those movies that is worth seeing in the theater. I would also recommend seeing it in 3D.

There were children as young as three and four in the audience who enjoyed the movie - perhaps hiding their head a few times in the scariest battles, but overall they were fine. If your children are used to seeing loud movie-type stimulation, I think they will love this movie!

I have to run but if you're on the fence, I'm pushin' ya' over ;)

8 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower from FF. Can't wait to read more, stop by my blog sometime! Happy FF!

    -K

    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow. I'm following you back from What's a Mom to Do?

    Jacki
    http://whatdoesamomdo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! My 5 year old wants to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really want to see that movie! Normally I don't like going to see movies but I have admit that the 3D ones are awesome!
    Thanks for stopping by! I am following you from Fiday/Sunday follow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I can get their uncle to take them while we are in vacation.

    Tiffany
    http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review. I would love to take my boys to see this movie.

    Thanks for stopping by. Following back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I want to see this one! :-) I'm glad you liked it, maybe I'll push to go with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so loved this movie, too! I gave you a track back to your review!!!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails